Another thing I tried today was Rolo Cakes!
I liked them so much I adapted the same recipe and did Terrys Chocolate Orange Cakes (Instead of the Vanilla Essence, I used Orange Flavouring and added a mini Terrys Chocolate Orange Segment on the top instead of a rolo)
These are honestly the best Slimming World friendly desserts I’ve made, well worth 2.5 syns!
The original recipe states that its 2 syns for each one, but it doesn’t syn the 1 cup of sweetener. Slimming World now syns it at 0.5 per tablespoon, so 1 cup is equal to 12 tablespoons = 6 syns, so its slightly more syns than I originally thought!
Recipe: Makes 10 (2.5 syns each)
1 cup of sweetener (6 syns)
2oz Self Raising Flour (8 syns)
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder (1 syn)
1 Options Caramel Hot Chocolate Sachet (I used the Fudge one because I didn’t have the caramel one- 2 syns)
10 Rolos (=1 Pack. 1 syn each, Terrys Chocolate Orange Mini Segments are also 1 syn each)
Frylight (to spray the tin/ silicone cases)
- Beat the eggs, vanilla and sweetener with an electric whisk until light and fluffy
- Fold in the flour, Hot Chocolate Sachet and Cocoa Powder, mix well
- Spray muffin tin/ silicone cake cases (this is what I use) with frylight (or use muffin cases
- Separate the mix into ten, bake for 5 mins at 180.
- Remove from oven, gently push the Rolo (or Chocolate Orange Segment) into the centre of each cake, then bake for a further 5-8 mins