2syns per slice
| Prep Time 10 Minutes | Cook Time 40 Minutes | Servings 12 Slices|
You might be thinking, how many syns in chocolate chip banana bread right? So was I, I can happily say that per slice this banana bread is only 2 syns per slice, each banana bread that you make with this recipe slices into 12 slices as well which means you’ve got enough for the whole family or if you have 24 syns left you can eat the whole banana bread loaf, although here at Mattscafe we don’t recommend it, a little treat is always nice.
56 g Self Raising flour 9 syns
1 tsp Vanilla Extract or Essence
1 tsp Baking Powder 0.5 syns
200 g Bananas mashed 8 syns
2 tbsp Sweetener
25 g Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips 6 syns
- In a large bowl, put the peeled banana and mash it up.
- Put the self raising flour and baking powder in one bowl
- Once the banana is mashed, add vanilla essence and sweetener and combined together.
- Separate 2 eggs and add the yolks to the wet mixture along with two whole eggs.
- Mix the wet ingredients together well
- Add the self raising flour and baking powder to the wet mixture and combined until it looks like cake batter
- Whisk the 2 egg whites until they are very stiff and then gently fold into the banana bread mixture
- Get a 2lb loaf tin, spray with FryLight, and line with baking parchment.
- Add a small amount of the chocolate chips to the bottom of the loaf tin, then cover with the banana bread mixture. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the mixture.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C / 360°C for around 40 minutes or until the banana bread is cooked and golden on top.
- Once cooked, remove from the tin, slice and serve either warm or it can be served cold.
This is a recipe that is simple to make, the family will enjoy it. If you don’t want to use chocolate chips, then don’t add them, but you will need to adjust the syn value, let me know your thoughts, if you have changed the recipe, what did you do and how it turn out?