This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 4.5 syns per brownie
- Original/SP – 4.5 syns per brownie
- Green/Vegetarian – 4.5 syns per brownie
- WW Smart Points – 4 per brownie
- Dairy Free – use dairy free chocolate chips
*suitable for freezing
- 1/3 cup (80ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 18g of cocoa (cacao) powder
- 3 tbs of sugar
- 4 tbs of sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 60g of plain all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 15g of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f
- Warm the unsweetened applesauce in the microwave
- Add in the sugar, sweetener and cocoa powder and whisk to a smooth chocolate paste.
- Whisk in the vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt
- Add in the chocolate mixture and fold till combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an approx 17cm square pan with cooking oil spray
- Pour in the batter and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly before slicing.
- Enjoy as they are or serve with some fruit, light cream or yoghurt
Syns may vary in some ingredients, so double check the ingredients you use.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.