uscious sugar free chocolate frosting. CourseDessert CuisineBritish Keywordsugar free chocolate cupcakes, sugar free chocolate muffins Prep Time5 minutes Cook Time20 minutes Total Time25 minutes Servings8 muffins Calories266kcal
- 4 large or 5 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup / 25g coconut flour
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml coconut oil or butter (softened)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 2 oz / 50 g dark chocolate chopped (I used a 90% variety)
For the icing
- 2 oz / 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp double / heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 2 tbsp 30 g butter
For the Cupcakes
- Heat your oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit
- Mix your wet ingredients – eggs and coconut oil/butter plus vanilla extract, then add your dry ingredients – cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut flour, cinnamon and erythritol (or your sweetener of choice).
- At the end, stir in your 50 g of chopped chocolate.
- Fill into a silicone mould or into a regular cupcake mould using paper cups and bake for ca 20 minutes. Check that they’re done – they should feel spongy when you press on them. Remove from the oven and cool.
For the Frosting
- Melt the other half of the chocolate bar (50 g) in the microwave or in a pan. Stir in the double / heavy cream, butter and powdered sweetener and let it cool until it starts to thicken.
- Spread over the cupcakes using a fork to make pretty patterns.
Make sure you use either a sugar free chocolate such as Lily’s or dark chocolate with a minimum of 85% cocoa solids. I used a brand with 90% cocoa solids.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.6g | Protein: 5.3g | Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 1.7g