Vanilla Wafer Ingredients
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia erythritol blend
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Banana Pudding Ingredients
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tablespoons granulated stevia erythritol blend, separated
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon natural banana flavor
- 1 1/2 cup plus 1 cup organic grass-fed heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 of a banana, thinly sliced (optional)
Vanilla wafer Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener, baking soda, salt. Gradually add 4 tablespoons milk, stirring between each addition.
- Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Place egg white in a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold half of the whipped egg white into the almond flour mixture to lighten, then fold in the remainder of the egg white being careful not break down the fluffiness.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag with a small circular tip. Pipe 1″-1 1/2″ circular wafers, leaving at least 1 1/2 inches between each wafer. Alternatively, you can simply place by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets. You will end up with about 18 mounds of dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- When finished baking, remove from oven. Let cool about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack using a spatula and let cool to room temperature.
Banana Pudding Directions
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sweetener, xanthin gum and salt. Add the yolks, and stir until combined.
- Gradually add 1 1/2 cup cream, stirring until smooth between each addition. Mixture should begin thicken.
- Place saucepan over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Heat for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove pudding from heat and let cool to room temperature. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and banana flavor, if using.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream with an electric blender until stiff peaks form. Add 3 tbsp sweetener and 1/2 tsp vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Add the whipped cream into the cooled pudding, folding to combine.
- Layer pudding, banana slices and wafers as desired.
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 30.2 grams
- Carbs: 5.5 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein 5.5 grams
- Net carbs: 3.5 grams