Tasty and crusty French bread that you thought you could never have on a Ketogenic diet.
Servings: 5 Calories: 196kcal
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 6 oz Cheese cream
- 4 oz Soft Butter melted
- 2 oz Almond flour Extra Fine
- 2 tbsp Psyllium husks
- 1/5 tsp Ground caraway
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/5 tsp Ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds Your choice
- Beat the eggs together with the cream cheese and melted butter in a mixing bowl until well combined and totally smooth across the mixture.
- Drop in the rest of the ingredients until and combine well, it should turn dough like in appearance; next let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Head to your kitchen and warm your oven to 425F degrees ready to bake the keto French bread.
- Divide the dough into two even rows on the cooking tray. Score the bread with with diagonal slashes or simply use a pattern of your choice for the bread markings.
- Then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the dough if you are going to use seeds as they are optional. You can use other seeds also.
- Make sure the dough is centered on a good baking tray and place the keto French bread dough into the oven and close the oven door. Set the timer and wait.
- Let two minutes elapse then open the oven door and throw in 4 ice cubes to bake the keto French bread with steam which adds to the flavor.
- Drop the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees after 9-10 minutes. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the French bread turns a light golden brown. Try using some water droplets to create steam while the bread cooks.
- Remove the keto French bread out of the oven and allow the bread to cool aside on its baking tray before slicing the bread neatly and serving to yours guests.
- You can serve the keto French bread on its own or as a side to something else, tasty either way.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1310IU | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 2.3mg