Black bottom cupcakes are such a rich and tender cupcake. A chocolate cake with a cheesecake with chocolate chunks sprinkled throughout. The best part, these are low carb and keto, so my black bottom cupcake recipe is great to keep you on track.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:22 minutes
Total Time:37 minutes
Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanServings: 12 cupcakes Calories: 96kcalAuthor: Taryn
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1/4 cup almond flour ***
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour ***
- 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 2 oz 85% dark chocolate (chopped) or sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- You can just dump all the chocolate cake ingredients into the bowl at once and mix with an electric mixer. It will end up like a thick chocolate batter. Divide the batter into 12 paper-lined muffin tins. Use a spoon to make a well in the center. That is where the cheesecake will go.
- In a new bowl (or after you wash the first one) mix 4 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp butter, and 2 T sweetener. Blend until smooth. Divide the cheesecake batter between the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cupcake with the chopped chocolate. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes until the cheesecake is slightly firm, puffed up, and turning golden brown around the edges.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
*** or you can use 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend in place of the almond and coconut floursNotes on Sweeteners:I use my own blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. This is twice as sweet as sugar. It is comparable to Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet and Truvia.To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.To sub in Pyure or Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet use half the amount of sweetener called for. Substitutions will work in most recipes. They may not work in candies, such as caramel.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1845IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 0.8mg