Time to enjoy donuts without all the guilt! Sugar, grain and gluten free. Only 1.8 net carbs per donut! So versatile!
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 1 scoop (30g) whey isolate
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup (25g) sugar substitute
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp olive oil (or butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water + 2 tbsp
- sugar free chocolate
- 1 drop OOOflavors vanilla cupcake (OPTIONAL)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey isolate, sugar substitute, psyllium husk, baking powder and xanthan gum.
- Stir in the sour cream and olive oil (or butter). It won’t fully mix together but mix for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the water and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and take a golf ball sized chunk of dough and place it into your donut pan. Use your fingers to smooth over the top of the dough and make sure it fills 3/4 of the way up to the top of the pan.
- Continue to place the dough into the donut pan until you have no dough left.
- Bake the donuts at 350°F / 176°C for 20 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Heat up your chocolate. You can use a double boiler or place the chocolate in a microwave save bowl along with 2 tsp of water and melt for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds. Make sure it is fully melted. It will be shiny, smooth and fairly liquidy.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip the top into the chocolate.
- Let cool and then enjoy!
- This makes roughly 5 donuts.
This makes roughly 5 donuts.
Nutritional Information per donut:
- CALS: 230
- FAT: 17.5
- CARBS: 6.8
- FIBRE: 5
- NET CARBS: 1.8
- PROTEIN: 10.9